Join us for “skin sense: Dr. Kiran’s Guide to Being Beautiful” with Dr. Kiran Sethi, celeb skin and wellness expert. Here are Dr Kiran’s Top 3 Skin care Tips:
Tip #1: Sunblock
Sun is one of the biggest causes of raging and other skin problems. And hence Sunblock is the #1 friend and use it everyday.
- You must use sunblock everyday and it does not matter whether you are inside or outside. Make it a habit – like brushing your teeth.
- Mineral Sunblocks are preferred, but chemical sunblocks will also work.
- You need to apply sunblock 20-30 minutes before sun exposure as that is how long it takes to work.
- There are two things to consider in sunblock: The SPF Rating and the UVA Rating.
- SPF Rating: Anything with SPF 30 and above is good and works well.
- UVA Rating. This is the ++ Sign after the SPF Rating. A UVA rating “++” provides moderate UVA Protection and is good enough.
- Kids can use SUNBLOCK. You can start them as early as AGE 6.
- Sunblock must be applied twice a day – once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
- Use 2 Spoonfuls of Sunblock. That is what it needs. It will take time to absorb.
- Choose the Sunblock that works best for you.
Tip #2: You are what you eat
No matter what you do on the outside – you need to eat healthy and drink lots of water.
- Water: Look for filtration systems with atleast 2-3 three stages and ultrafine tiny filters. The amount of water to drink is 2.7 Litres for women and 3.7 litres for men.
- Avoid Sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Do try Intermittent fasting.
- Stop Diary.
- Increase Pro-Biotics
Tip #3: Invest in Self Care
Do something everyday to take care of your skin. And definitely invest in some. Self-love once a month. Home treatments substitutes are many – but you need to choose wisely so you do not end up damaging your skin.
Related Videos to Top 3 Skin Care Tips : Top 10 Skin Care Tips | Nikita Upadhyay